PDA

View Full Version : Woman held as baby burns to death

wdlove
Apr 24, 2004, 01:50 PM
An investigation is under way after a three-week-old boy died from serious burns.

A 39-year-old woman has been arrested and sectioned under the Mental Health Act, following the child's death at a house in Nunhead, south-east London.

Police denied reports the baby was found inside an oven, saying the boy was discovered in another room.

But a spokesman said they will be investigating the possibility he suffered the 90% burns in the oven.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3652121.stm

crenz
Apr 24, 2004, 03:00 PM
Oh no! I can't imagine how anybody could do that...

Capt Underpants
Apr 24, 2004, 03:50 PM
Call Fat Bastard ;)

Seriously, though, this is horrible. How else could he have receieved 90% burns besides being put in the oven or being barbecued. What a sad story.

michaelrjohnson
Apr 24, 2004, 04:56 PM
that is horrible...

wdlove
Apr 24, 2004, 07:28 PM
That was such a horrible unspeakable act. How could a mother do such a thing to her child. These horrific incidents started with Susan Smith. Then the two in Texas. Now this! Life in a mental institution without the possibility of parole is the least in punishment that she should receive. I just can't even imagine what must have gone through the child's mind. :( :( :eek: :eek:

dubbz
Apr 24, 2004, 09:23 PM
That's just sad... I don't understand how someone can do something like that :(

iindigo
Apr 24, 2004, 09:43 PM
how sad :(

this is the kind of thing that makes me mad - :mad: :mad: I could almost strangle her

King Cobra
Apr 24, 2004, 10:28 PM
Heh, reminds me of the story of a different women cooking up her Powerbook G4 in the oven ... so innocently... then returning it back to the Apple Store.

Gee, where should we put the 39-year-old woman's return deposit?