PDA

View Full Version : Panhter is crashing on me

rebecka
Apr 24, 2004, 05:15 PM
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just uppgraded my system to Mac OS X Panther

Now I'm having so much problems the computor is constantly crashing and even though I not at all am using classic.

I also have problems with colors when I print files photographs the come out totaly different from before the uppgrade and also how the appear on the screen.

I'm totaly lost and would apprechiate any kind of advise

stoid
Apr 24, 2004, 05:22 PM
Is there any rhyme or reason to the crashing. There's not mush that can be said to help generic crashes. If there is some event you can pin down the problem(s) to, that would help a diagnosis.

For starters, repair permissions, that might help.

edit: For the color problem, when printing, enable ColorSync in the Color Management tab. That should compensate for printing color differences.

abhishekit
Apr 24, 2004, 05:28 PM
lot of ppl have experienced problems with upgrade..may be u shud do a clean install..
i m sorry if its something u already know..

rebecka
Apr 24, 2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks for helping me out

For a while I thought It had to do with Photoshop CS because it often happend when it was open.

I also thouhgt it had to do with the classic.

I'll try to repair permissions

If that does not work I guess I have to do the clean install

HexMonkey
Apr 24, 2004, 06:00 PM
Alternatively you could try an archive and install. It doesn't solve as many problems as a clean install, but you don't have to format your hard drive and it will usually fix problems caused by an upgrade.

If that fails, you could also try creating a new user and seeing if the problems occur there, as there may be a corrupted in your user's library.

titaniumducky
Apr 24, 2004, 07:04 PM
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just uppgraded my system to Mac OS X Panther

Now I'm having so much problems the computor is constantly crashing and even though I not at all am using classic.

I also have problems with colors when I print files photographs the come out totaly different from before the uppgrade and also how the appear on the screen.

I'm totaly lost and would apprechiate any kind of advise'

Do a clean install