PDA

View Full Version : 12" Charge Time?

Elbeano
Apr 24, 2004, 09:21 PM
I am yet another proud owner of a brand new 12" powerbook. It is basically the child of this week's update and a timely tax return. I am currently waiting for my new baby to charge after having a good old afternoon of running down the battery by ripping some music and playing with garage band. Basically, my question (if it wasn't ascertained by the title of the post) is how long is it going to take to fully charge from a full discharge. I'm impatient to get back on my new toy (especially since it's my first mac) and I didn't want to disturb the inaugural charge. Of course, if it doesn't really matter if I'm going to be back busting out the garageband jams right quick.
thanks,
bean

Elbeano
Apr 25, 2004, 02:19 PM
Well since no one got around to answering this I found out the hard way by waiting the whole time for that green light. Took about 3 hours for a full charge, or somewhere in that general ball park. So, if anyone else was curious, there it is.

This is also a post of note because even though it's only my 3rd, it's my 1st on my own mac, which makes it all the more sweet.
Peace out

Rod Rod
Apr 26, 2004, 06:45 AM
Well since no one got around to answering this I found out the hard way by waiting the whole time for that green light. Took about 3 hours for a full charge, or somewhere in that general ball park. So, if anyone else was curious, there it is.

This is also a post of note because even though it's only my 3rd, it's my 1st on my own mac, which makes it all the more sweet.
Peace out

thanks for the guidance on how long it takes to charge after a full drain.

when I got my new 1.33GHz 12" the first thing I did, of course, was plug it in. I was surprised it came with a full battery charge (the light was green).

anyhow it remained plugged in, as I transferred my stuff from my 867MHz 12" PB, and then erased/reformatted the old one and put a fresh installation of Panther on it.

the fan on the new one hardly comes on! it seems to never come on when energy saver's set to reduced processor performance. the fan would spin even on reduced, on the old 867.