Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
I downloaded and installed Office 2008's SP1. However, after applying the update, I can't open office applications anymore.

For instance, whenever I click on Entourage, I get the "Microsoft Office Setup Assistant" window, and it asks me whether I want to join the "Customer Experience Improvement Program". Whether I agree or not, it then takes me to the "Get Started with Microsoft Office 2008" screen, where it asks me whether I want to "Learn More" or "Register". Both choices launch my browser, and the window just stays there. If I click the "Finish" button at the bottom, it takes me to the "Microsoft AutoUpdate" screen, where it asks me whether I want manual or automatic updates. It does not matter which one I choose. I can click the "Check for Updates" button, and it tries to find the update. It duly reports back that there are no new updates. The window then closes.

If I try to open Word, Powerpoint, Excel, or Entourage, it gives me the same messages again.... is there any way I can fix this?

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
this is a known issue with pirated copies after installing updates.....just saying

and no im not kidding. look it up on google

of course yours isnt pirated right lol

hmm.... then would you happen to know where my emails are stored locally? I'd still like to retain a copy of them in the event that I reinstall office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.