Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albal

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Anyone remember Simtower on PC? Like ages and ages ago?

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a port to Mac (kinda like lemmings port to mac) for the game?

Would be fun to play once in a while...

Thanks.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I remember that game, it was so much fun. I'm sad to say I don't know of a port to the Mac for it though. (I still have the SimTower disk somewhere on my desk though)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I always wanted that game. Apparently there's a DS port but it's Japanese only.

Albal

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
I've just done a bit of digging and found a shot of simtower running is OS9, but am yet to find any way of getting it to run in OSX. I've found the free downloads for the Windows version, though.

But that is as far as I get!

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
You could use an OS9 emulator. I think they exist. You don't have any PPC macs lying around?

I'm happy to say that Maxis was among the few companies that stuck by Apple in the dark times.

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
You can probably just run sim tower in crossover, Not positive though you would need to test it. And sim tower was one of the best games back in the day, kinda want to play it now hehe. :D

Albal

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
You could use an OS9 emulator. I think they exist. You don't have any PPC macs lying around?

I'm happy to say that Maxis was among the few companies that stuck by Apple in the dark times.

Yeah I've got a Powerbook G4 that has irregular start up patterns. It's got Tiger - do I still need to get OX9 or does 10.4 have an OS9 Compatibility mode?

Edit: Just realised when I click on 'simtower' or the picture relating to it, nothing happens, a blank page loads. Dohh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.