PDA

View Full Version : iPhone App Store Distribution

johnnyjibbs
Apr 25, 2009, 03:56 AM
"The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."

Does this message sound familiar to any of you?

My application is ready to go, I've done all the artwork and screenshots and filled in all the details. But I have so far spent 8 hours and counting trying to upload the binary.

I've followed the instructions on the developer portal to the letter and I've tried several things that google searches have brought up. It seems I'm not alone in getting this damn thing to work.

When I check Xcode, I have the correct distribution certificates and provisioning profiles set. The build succeeds and the build results show the correct locations.

Even when I type codesign into Terminal, it says:

app: valid on disk
app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

I've double checked the Icon.png is 57x57 etc.

And yet I get the dreaded "binary is invalid" message every time I upload. Even the application loader fails at the beginning, saying "Application failed codesign verification"

Anyone got any ideas? After all this time, I'm keen on getting my app out there but obviously Apple's codesigning requires a rocket science degree and I'm falling desperately at the final hurdle!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

forcesteeler
Apr 25, 2009, 07:40 AM
Yeah i had that problem when i first started. I spent 3 days pulling my hair trying to get my app uploaded to Itunes.

My Advice Read the Manual again and when i say read it again I mean read line to line (verbatim!). 1 little mistake will not get your app validated for Itunes.

firewood
Apr 25, 2009, 09:48 AM
There are about 100 steps and it's easy to miss an obscure or even obvious one.

If worst comes to worst, try deleting your .proj, build, and all your certificates, and then redownload and rebuild everything from just the source code and xibs, etc. in a fresh user account.

johnnyjibbs
Apr 26, 2009, 02:26 PM
Well it turns out that my app ID was invalid? :confused:

I ended up deleting my development profiles as well, reloaded them all up onto my device, chose a completely separate app id (which seemed to be in a different format to the one before), reloaded everything up and then build.

I was so glad when the Application Loader said "Uploading content to iTunes Store".

Now let's just hope it passes its review!!! :D