Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakir

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
i tried restoring it due certain lagging issues. and what do u know i get the 1604 method. i googled halfwawy across the world and tried almost everything(reinstall itunes, restore on different computer) but to no avail.

then i stumbled upon DFU. i tried it, and now it gives me a 2001 error. is my ipod stuck like this forever? can anyone clarify whether this is a hardware or software issue?

and yes, i've exhausted my warranty.

shakir

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
where i live we don't have geniuses, but we do have tech support. the guy tried and got the same error. he concluded that my memory is faulty and it's beyond repair i.e costs the same as a new ipod.

to be honest, i'm kinda furious to know that such a common problem causes the ipod to be beyond repair. this is my only second time restoring the ipod and i regret doing so

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
They probably don't really have the equipment to repair iPod Touches in the Apple stores. It's probably easier for them to just replace it. Maybe you could find a 3rd party that could repair it. try google your location plus ipod repair or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.