Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semin28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I have a few albums that have songs that is a separate song and not with the album it should be. For example i have eminem show album but the song superman is by it self for no reason . Everything matches with the other songs but its just by it self . Its just a little thing but its pissing me off bc i have no clue why its by it self and not with the album . So if i listen to the album i cant listen to super man bc its by its self. Y is it doing this to some songs?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have a few albums that have songs that is a separate song and not with the album it should be. For example i have eminem show album but the song superman is by it self for no reason . Everything matches with the other songs but its just by it self . Its just a little thing but its pissing me off bc i have no clue why its by it self and not with the album . So if i listen to the album i cant listen to super man bc its by its self. Y is it doing this to some songs?

Select every single song that should be on that album and open, including the one that's being "separated" and open Get Info, and even though the info may all look the same, type in the Artist, Album Artist and Album (even if album artist appears blank, type in 'Eminem' or whatever anyway). This usually happens if people accidentally add a space in or at the end of a name/title and don't realise it. Editing it all at once should, hopefully, fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.