PDA

View Full Version : May MacWorld Issue -- details needed.

MrMacMan
Apr 25, 2004, 08:31 PM
So I get MacWorld.

But apparently someone threw my copy of it away in my house.

But in the product reviews I remember them comparing the Different Keyboards.

If someone could tell me their pics for the best keyboard that would be great since my dad told me today we need to buy one... :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks.

--MrMacMan

Duff-Man
Apr 25, 2004, 08:41 PM
Duff-Man says....I don't think there is anything in the May issue about keyboards...but there was in the March issue a comparison/review of wireless keyboards and mice (http://www.macworld.com/2004/02/reviews/wirelessinputdevices/) . perhaps that is what you recall seeing.....oh yeah

MrMacMan
Apr 25, 2004, 08:48 PM
Can you check that issue again?

I'm pretty sure I saw it there...
May 2004 Issue
Cover Story
Reviews Issue
Macworld Staff
For the second year in a row, May's Macworld is devoted to reviews -- we've got more than 100 newly rated products, as well as more than 350 review summaries in our second annual Minifinders section, which contains the mouse ratings of every product we've reviewed between May 2003 and April 2004.

They compared all of the keyboard in that issue if I'm correct, so yea.

Too bad they don't have THAT online... arg.

thnks again.

Duff-Man
Apr 25, 2004, 09:27 PM
Duff-Man says....Checked again...well, you're sorta right....what is in the May issue is a "buyer's guide" for lots of different products...just a simple short paragraph and the mouse rating for each. Under keyboards and/or input devices the only stuff listed are most of the same ones from the March issue. You may want to have a look through online reviews over at Macaddict and at MacReview (http://www.macreview.com/) - I've not looked but there could be some info that'll help you out....oh yeah!

edit....oops...forgot that macreview was only for software! forget that one....doh!

MrMacMan
Apr 25, 2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah what I need is that.

Who did they rate the highest?

which one?

The apple one... logitech...

so yea

Duff-Man
Apr 25, 2004, 09:52 PM
Duff-Man says....the info is the same as what is in the Macworld link in my first reply (Apple wireless was rated highest). If you have the time, the other thing to do is go to Logitech, Kensington, Macally etc and look at the keyboards...quite often they have links to reviews (if the reviews are good that is....)....oh yeah!

MrMacMan
Apr 25, 2004, 10:15 PM
Duff-Man says....the info is the same as what is in the Macworld link in my first reply (Apple wireless was rated highest). If you have the time, the other thing to do is go to Logitech, Kensington, Macally etc and look at the keyboards...quite often they have links to reviews (if the reviews are good that is....)....oh yeah!
Hmmm, fair enough.

Apple rated highest...
Kengston...

I see...

Meh, I just really wanted that overview.

Apple -- 4 Mice

ect... ah well.

MrMacMan
Apr 27, 2004, 10:53 PM
anyone else have MacWorld?

Come on... please?

PlaceofDis
Apr 28, 2004, 12:57 AM
okay here to you go

Keyborads:

***rfkey from Macally www.macally.com the frkey wireless keyboard comes with easy to use software, but its prone to interference with its compainion mouse. Plus the keyboard and mouse require seperate base stations (March 04)

****Wireless Keyboard from Apple Computers. This wireless keyboard had the longest effective range of the models we tested, mainly because it uses bluetooth. another plus is its conveniently small footpring (March 04)

Keyboard and Mouse Combos

**** Cordless MX Duo from Logitech Logitech's wireless keyboard-mouse combo has a long range mouse and keyboard with nice programable keys and a good meida-key setup(March 04)

****Wireless optical Desktop from Kensington. This mouse and keyboard combo has highly programable features and a good effective range. The batteries charge via USB (marech 04)

****Wireless optical Desktop from Microsoft. This keyboard and muse package has the best wireless mouse, thanks to its software, horizontal scrolling, and integration with the keyboard. The board has good application specific settings (March 04)

these are the only ones i could find in the may issue but as you can see they were also revewed in the the March issues so you may want to dig that one up for more information

hope this helps

MrMacMan
Apr 28, 2004, 11:24 PM
Thank you thank you thank you.

Exactly what I was looking for.

Please, if I can help you in anyway in the future, please ask me. :D