Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stratosigma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Michigan
Greetings. From searching the forum I've discovered iStopMotion and Gawker for somewhat accomplishing my goal.

Unfortunately Gawker doesn't shoot quicker than 1 frame a second, nor does it allow you to change your scratch space. By that I mean I want to dump the frames onto a SD card, I can tell Gawker that is where the file goes, but I think all the initial frame captures are done on the main drive, when you tell it you're done it processes it into a file to your destination folder.

iStopMotion, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the output file. The results from Gawker are crisper and like one tenth the file size.

Does anyone know of any other software I could use or how to solve my problems from the two applications above?

I have a Dell Mini 9 I'm taking on a trip and I'd really prefer not to put windows back on there, but in XP I used a program called HandyAVI to do this and it worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.