Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bosoxnm3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Ok, so after working fine for 18+ months, my Ipod got screwed up yesterday. Whenever I try to turn it on, it just simply stays at the booting up apple screen. When I hold the hope+sleep button to restart, the apple screen again pops up and just stays there. When I plug it to my wall jack, the iPod gets extremely hot and the apple screen just stays lit up. When I unplug it, the iPod quickly loses power and it goes to the battery screen. My main problem is that I have $175 worth of songs I bought from the iPod's iTunes. I never synced them to my computer's iTunes. I know if I do a restore all these songs will be gone.

Pgohlke

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Centerville, Ohio
If you bought the songs off itunes then you can just go Into iTunes on your computer and look at your purchase history and redownload the songs free of charge. And it looks like restoring is your only option if it won't turn on.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I had the same problem.. Spent about 2 weeks looking to solve it. Gave up and today went to Sams' to exchange for another one. Now it's restoring from my old backup to my new ipod. If under warranty try that. If not, then i really can't help yuo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.