Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovtek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
A while back there was a post on 'what guitar the GarageBand logo was' and I thought I'd start up a similar discussion around what each of the new GarageBand stomp boxes are meant to represent.

Oh, and the amps are up for conversation too. The English Combo is clearly a Vox AC30, the Vintage Stack is some sort of Marshall stack, the Modern Stack is a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, and the two other amps are Fender's.

I'll start of by saying that the vibrato pedal, 'the vibe' is meant to look like a Moogerfooger pedal, but I don't think Moog ever marketed a vibrato Moogerfooger. I also think the 'Fuzz Machine' is meant to be like the famous Fuzz Face given its red colour (the parameters are different though).

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
A while back there was a post on 'what guitar the GarageBand logo was' and I thought I'd start up a similar discussion around what each of the new GarageBand stomp boxes are meant to represent.

Oh, and the amps are up for conversation too. The English Combo is clearly a Vox AC30, the Vintage Stack is some sort of Marshall stack, the Modern Stack is a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, and the two other amps are Fender's.

I'll start of by saying that the vibrato pedal, 'the vibe' is meant to look like a Moogerfooger pedal, but I don't think Moog ever marketed a vibrato Moogerfooger. I also think the 'Fuzz Machine' is meant to be like the famous Fuzz Face given its red colour (the parameters are different though).

I think one of the amps is Fender, you are correct about the Mesa and Marshall, but I believe the other is a VOX? :confused:

I personally don't trust "digital" effects too much, I like keeping all of my effects on my pedalboard so I can get the same tone in the studio and the same tone live. But when you start changing things in the studio on the computer it gets harder and harder to get the tone you want live, UNLESS you take your computer to the venue and integrate it into your rig, which in my opinion just makes your rig more cluttered and more fragile.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.