PDA

View Full Version : audio input not working????

masterjedi73
Apr 26, 2004, 07:31 AM
I have a DAT recorder/player hooked into the audio input in the back of my G5 and I can't hear it at all. When I go to the sound in the system preferences and select the correct input, I can see that the sound is going into the computer but not coming out of the speakers. The speakers play everything else, but not this. Any reason? What am I forgetting to do?

Thanks!

neoelectronaut
Apr 26, 2004, 12:03 PM
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18987

Use that application and you'll be up and running.

masterjedi73
Apr 26, 2004, 12:08 PM
I'll do that when I get home. What is the deal with it? How come it won't work? Does everyone need versiontracker to do that?

neoelectronaut
Apr 26, 2004, 02:15 PM
1) Versiontracker is just a website to get freeware, updates, and all manner of software from.

2) The link is to a program called LineIn.

3) The Mac doesn't play audio through the audio in port automatically, it's only used for recording. This piece of software routes the audio through the speakers so basically your Mac is a $2000 amp.

crazzyeddie
Apr 26, 2004, 02:29 PM
If you don't want to junk your computer up with another piece of software, you can also use Apple's Audio Midi Setup (/Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup). Select the port you want in the bottom right, then click Thru. It (should) stay through restarts, and you can disable it at any time.