Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYU02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
After debating for a long time I think I'm going to get a Rev. B instead of the A.

I'm going to purchase on Amazon since most people are getting MBA's without the line issue.

The questions I have now are:

1) is the SSD worth the money?
2) Should I wait longer for a rev. C?

Thanks,
NYU02

NYU02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Or - I just thought of this..haha

Rev A and iMac? = same price as Rev B ssd?

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
As much as I hate the Rev A and would not recommend it to anyone generally I think in this case it would be smarter financially for you to get both the iMac and the Rev A Air. Granted you didn't need to do any intense work on the go or anything the Rev A would be fine for casual browsing while the heavier stuff could be done at home on the iMac.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
What computer are you using right now? I'd consider an iMac a more important acquisition than a MBA. Either way, rev B is way better than rev A, same goes for the SSD. If I was short on money and I needed two computer, I'd deal with the extra weight and get an aluminum Macbook, throw an SSD in there, a 256GB one or a fast HD. And buy an external Display. If the Macbook still weighs too much, I'd take the superdrive out.
EDIT: Actually there are people using the MBA as their main system, if you can manage, buy an SSD revB, and a display when you can.

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2009
What computer are you using right now? I'd consider an iMac a more important acquisition than a MBA. Either way, rev B is way better than rev A, same goes for the SSD. If I was short on money and I needed two computer, I'd deal with the extra weight and get an aluminum Macbook, throw an SSD in there, a 256GB one or a fast HD. And buy an external Display. If the Macbook still weighs too much, I'd take the superdrive out.
EDIT: Actually there are people using the MBA as their main system, if you can manage, buy an SSD revB, and a display when you can.

.....and since you was looking at a Rev A which goes for about $1000 you should at least get a 1.6/120 which from apple is $1500 (on eBay a little less) and if that is too much, get a Macbook for about $1200 or so. $2000 for a 1.86/128 SSD is great but that is alot of money (I know more than I am willing to spend right now, my budget is about $1300

sriggles

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
SSD is amazing but in my opinion not worth the additional cost at this time. If you really want the extra speed go with the refurb as others have pointed out.

NYU02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
the reason I'm not buying a referb is that I'm worried about the lines issue.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
the reason I'm not buying a referb is that I'm worried about the lines issue.

I'd say the refurb Rev B has less of a chance of the line issue than a brand new model. Think about it, many people returned their Rev B because of the line issue, meaning Apple fixed and are now reselling them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.