PDA

View Full Version : eMac screen snapping?

Tommy!
Apr 26, 2004, 10:52 AM
Hey guys,
I recently got my mom a refurb eMac 1GHz ($599! :)) from the apple store. She loves it, but the screen on it sometimes gives a snapping sound, and a line of static quickly runs across it .... it looks like a bolt of lightning running across the screen horizontally.

Is this something to worry about? Or should I have it checked out? I looked for topics with the screen making noise and having static, but didn't find anything.

Any info you guys have would be great; thanks so much!

tommy

thehuncamunca
Apr 26, 2004, 11:25 AM
sounds like a hardware problem, since your computer is so new there shouldn't be anything wrong with it give apple a call about it and see what they think it is

Hey guys,
I recently got my mom a refurb eMac 1GHz ($599! :)) from the apple store. She loves it, but the screen on it sometimes gives a snapping sound, and a line of static quickly runs across it .... it looks like a bolt of lightning running across the screen horizontally.

Is this something to worry about? Or should I have it checked out? I looked for topics with the screen making noise and having static, but didn't find anything.

Any info you guys have would be great; thanks so much!

tommy

Jigglelicious
Apr 26, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yep, there are tons of people with this same exact problem (check the Apple eMac discussion forums). You should call Apple immediately and have them fix it. Or if the computer is still very new, they might all out replace it. Good luck!