Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Today was the day with all the Uncharted 2 information, and the official reveal of the already leaked inFamous deal. It'll have 2-3 player co-op and online versus modes. The co-op missions are not the 1player ones, but something different. Looks like the climbing aspect of Uncharted is also online. Sounds Gear-ish, but the online also has perks. Lots of cool stuff, so here are some links.

Trailer

Deathmatch + Plunder modes

Co-op

I don't know, this is really starting to seem like Sony's Gears of War. But there are still enough things to make the games totally different.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Versus? In what's primarily an exploration based game? Oh dear. I can see the point in co-op and that's something I've had in my game since day 1, don't think I'll ever bother with versus though. I don't want a Gears of War exploration hybrid game that just sounds way too different from the original. Hmm.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So basically its looking like the 25% adventure 75% gunplay which for me severly tempered my enjoyment of the orginal is set to become more gunplay and less adventure, albeit now with multiplayer co-op.

:( I guess it will be pretty at least..... even if the gunplay is repetitively monotinous....

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Just as I expected, Platforming mixed with gunning & treasure hunting...sounds good so we'll see how this pan out.

ND has two teams working on the different section so the quality shouldn't take a hit also I'm happy they arent pulling a RE5 and forcing coop play in the single player.

Bless

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ Yeah just about to post about this. My gosh that looks so awesome, and some really cool stuff going on there. Everything looks amazing on a technical level and on gameplay front too. Still looks too much shooting to platforming ratio for me, but when it looks that polished I'll tolerate it :D

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I agree with the second poster - I thought the game was an amazing single player adventure. If they can tag on some multiplayer without degrading single player, then great. But i'd much rather have no multiplayer and have more work put into single...

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I like that you can zoom in a bit with the machine gun.

+1..I was looking at that and its a needed addition. I'm really liking the stealth take downs and being able to pull someone down when hanging off the ledge.

The game is looking great and I'm actually excited about the multiplayer. I've got my beta code now I'll wait patiently.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.