Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
"There were no injuries"

This bloke is a hero. Courage of his convictions .. admirable.

Vivisect the vivisectors.:)

At least this bloke is on the list for a serious act. In Europe, laws introduced as anti terrorism legislation are being used against climate protesters, trade unionists etc who have often done nothing except actively campaigned against government policy. From the states viewpoint, at least placing him on this list is rational. Although I hope he has an obscure but happy life free from les flics.

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Interesting notion. Did you know one of the prime movers and shakers in PETA uses drugs that were heavily tested on animals to stay alive?

To be concerned about the interests of animals doesn't require you to lay down your own life in order to be consistent. If you're confused about this check out Peter Singer's book Animal Liberation.

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
No .. I didn't and I think it's immaterial. The real question is that if it were possible to bring about the end of animal testing and live or die by the consequence of that .. would you? My answer is an unequivocal "Yes!" Chance may decree that it was to the betterment of medicine ... you never know. The change in emphasis, process ... could .. ultimately have been the right tack to the desired end. If the science exists ... by whatever origin .. you'd be daft not to use it. The Nazi's were prolific in every field ... who examines or questions if the engine in the aeroplane taking them on vacation is from a disreputable source ... from a design by Braun? Or the life saving operation is rooted in some nightmare from Mengele? The Nazis ... love 'em or hate 'em .. were whizzes in so many areas and their legacy .. almost invisible today .. nevertheless lives on in our every day lives. Whatever is in the present ... if it can help ... from whatever origin .. has to be used.

I think we'd all turn to cannibalism to survive ... the bloke from PETA you mentioned ... is just there before us. Making a hard choices. Your remark lacks compassion ... it's a bit like picking on a Christian because he chose to have a pudding rather than sending it to Ethiopia or somewhere. Let's all just do our best.:)

Btw .. I once wrote to PETA asking for help in finding a Vegan recipe for a medicine I'd been prescribed ... they blanked me! But I think their heart is in the right place. My cats are asleep in their baskets .. in front of the stove tonight. I'm full of Pastis. None of us in the lab. Another victory.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
This person is a common terrorist.

Nothing new. Federal authorities have been keeping close watch known terrorist organizations suach as the ELF and the ALF for years.

Pursuing their goals they choose violence and terror over diplomacy and legislative processes. Fundamentally they are no different than Osama Bin laden and his kool-aid swilling lemmings.

Best regards,
Enemy of the enemy within.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
To be concerned about the interests of animals doesn't require you to lay down your own life in order to be consistent. If you're confused about this check out Peter Singer's book Animal Liberation.

Advocating a complete end to vivisection and personally profiting from it are not consistent viewpoints.
No .. I didn't and I think it's immaterial.

It's not immaterial that an organization advocates action it's not willing to take.
Your remark lacks compassion ... it's a bit like picking on a Christian because he chose to have a pudding rather than sending it to Ethiopia or somewhere. Let's all just do our best.:)

My comment doesn't lack compassion. I am glad that she has profited from medical science and is still alive today. Her comments lack conviction, and her actions betray her ideals. When you are unwilling to live by the moral code you espouse as correct, you need to rethink it or at the very least stop evangelizing it. Her, others like her, and Daniel Andreas San Diego and people like him only serve to damage real animal rights efforts and legitimize the scorn with which people who believe in animal rights are treated.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
This person is a common terrorist.

Nothing new. Federal authorities have been keeping close watch known terrorist organizations suach as the ELF and the ALF for years.

Pursuing their goals they choose violence and terror over diplomacy and legislative processes. Fundamentally they are no different than Osama Bin laden and his kool-aid swilling lemmings.
If that's true, then why hasn't the FBI put xtian fundamentalists, who bomb abortion clinics, on the list? Unlike Mr. San Diego, they've actually murdered numerous people. Animal rights activists usually make an effort to not kill people. I haven't heard of a case where the xtian bombers bothered to refrain.
Also, why haven't we heard about the FBI infiltrating churches to sniff out the identities of these abortion clinic killers? It's already been shown that they have infiltrated animal rights groups.
I'm more scared of people who have committed murder than of someone who firebombs an empty building.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.