Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greigallen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Does anyone know if you can search for all the faces in your library that haven't been assigned yet?

I can't be bothered going through all my library.

Any ideas?

greigallen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Yeah I knew that you could do that.

I was looking for a way to search all my photos in one screen that haven't been assigned.

Thanks for the reply though.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Yes, there is. I have done it. However, I am not at the mac right now so can't be too specific. It has to do with making a smart album where "face" is blank, as I recall. There is one more criteria that helps narrow it down to photos where there is No face, but I just can't remember right now. Will look when I get home, and post back.

Or, go to Macworld and look around there. That is where I got my info.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Create a new smart folder, use query "face" "is" "unnamed"

Yes, that is it. But if you add another condition to say that keyword does not contain "noface" and you set any photos that you do not want to select faces for with the keyword "noface" they will be excluded. for example, when you import photos of a parade -- there are lots of faces, but you will not be naming them. So, on import assign the noface keyword and you will not have to go through them too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.