PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Developer Program - Fax not working?!?

Endelm
Apr 28, 2009, 05:55 AM
Hi,

When I try to pay for the dev licence I get:
"Apple Online Store is unavailable
Your country does not have an Apple Online Store"

Apple then gives you a fax number and a pdf application form.

The Apple page gives me this fax number:
+1 (408) 862-7602

So I tried to fax it to this number (I dial 00 if I wanna call a foreign country):
001 (408) 862-7602

.but its always buisy or gives me no answer.

Am I doing this right? :confused:

imaumac
Apr 28, 2009, 07:35 AM
I have the same question
Is ther another way ?
Thanks

jetison
May 4, 2009, 09:22 PM
Havent tried calling yet, but if this is the only way, you should try contacting apple directly.
There's no store here either, so i'll have to send that fax eventually...though i find it difficult if there's no one on the other side to answer :p

sidebox
May 4, 2009, 09:52 PM
This happened to me when I first registered and had to send in my confirmation via fax. It was busy for a while and then there was no pick up.

Try again tomorrow, it took them 24 hours to fix it last time. Oh, and don't waste your time calling them, you will wait on hold for an hour and they'll say that it is in a different department and they know about the issue already.

mamcx
May 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
Any reason why is this way?

I don't see a reason why is necesary this kind of problems to pay. Is that hard if apple setup a paypal account for this cases.... Is not a 1000 US buy anyway...

jetison
May 4, 2009, 10:53 PM
Any reason why is this way?

I don't see a reason why is necesary this kind of problems to pay. Is that hard if apple setup a paypal account for this cases.... Is not a 1000 US buy anyway...

Yer, there's a reason.
Since we dont have an official Apple Online Store in our countries ( i live in Argentina), we gotta enroll by fax. It sucks, plus you have to make a phone call to the States and pay for it. No major problem,but come on apple, at least give a number that can be reached!

Has anyone else here done this before and succeded?
I'm sure it used to work, if not, we wouldnt see devs from "no official" countries, sending their apps to the store.

pacefulshader
Apr 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
I live in Colombia, I sent the fax on Tuesday, march 10 2012 and got the response email on Friday, march 13. Hope this helps if you are planning on becoming a developer.

Be sure to receive an "ok" response from the apple's fax machine, it took me 5 attempts.