Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lie41

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Hi, everyone.

I have about 300 photos that I would like to sync to my itouch. However, it will only sync 150 of them. And some of 150 look 'broken'. A line or lines go through photos and shift the top or bottom to one side. Some even have weird colors going on. I asked this before and someone told me that itouch only holds certain type of photos like jpeg and others. I checked my photos and they are mostly jpeg. What is wrong with my itouch??
It's a refurbished one. Could that be a problem??

One more thing. I seriously don't understand this. My brother and I bought the same itouch and sharing a computer. He likes to download all applications and I prefer using the music and photo feature and of course I use some apps too. Whenever I try to sync something, I have to uncheck all the apps my brother has in his itouch. I don't want to not sync apps because then my apps will be gone too. I thought once you sync an app, it will be there till you remove it. What is a good way to 'separate' my brothers and I?

Can I make a separate account and register my itouch to that?

wardev

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
no idea about yours pics, maybe too high resolution?? doubt it...

as for sperating your apps, (i assume you both share the same itunes account) you could creat a new profile or account on the computer and use that or (and this would be the most benficial to both of you) you could "transfer purchases to itunes" and then set you ipod to sync only checked apps and then both f your's apps will be saved to the coputer and you can share apps. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.