Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ultprthead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
I just bought a new PC and am attempting to move my itunes library from my old PC to the new one.

I first attempted to move 400+ songs via flashdrive and was given an error message stating many files were unable to be accessed.

Perusing online, I found a program called Music Rescue. It is supposed to allow one to copy the files over.

My first problem is that the PC will not allow me to install to the iphone (as instructions state)

When I synched my iphone to the new computer, it only transferred about 1/2 of the music...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I just used an external HDD to transfer over 60gb from one computer to another. There should be no reason it didn't work, assuming you have admin rights on the computer. Maybe there was not enough room on the flashdrive. Maybe try to move only half the music at a time. Just copy the whole iTunes music folder. Don't try to do individual songs. If you are picking and choosing then at least do it by artist.

Hope this helps. If not, try a new/different flashdrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.