PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody want to help complete the Open Comic Book App project?

jtbullet
May 1, 2009, 01:55 AM
Hello. I am an artist. I have begun a project that would allow artists to drop their images into a folder, change a few lines of the supplied application code, and compile their own iphone comic book type of application. This code is pretty simple, but is the result of hard work by another programmer. I am looking for input and guidance tofinish the project off. Really this is an attempt to give comic creators a way to monetize their work. Hopefully this will encourage the iphone to become a platform of choice for mobile comics. Please PM me if you want to help. I will be putting the resulting code on a website when it is finished for anyone to use freely.

Version 1 consists of a simple interface allowing finger swiping between images. There is also a page input to input what page you want to go to, in case you have to switch apps or get interrupted before you finish reading. The images are all portrait.

I hope to begin work on version 2 as soon as version 1 is released. In that version I plan to implement an audio track for each image, if desired, as well as the ability to work in a landscape format as well.

Any ideas or feedback are appreciated.
Regards,
Jarrett

Well, a man named Stephen Kochan seems to be interested in helping out. How does that sound? ;)