PDA

View Full Version : ...and there was much rejoicing.

Acoustica
Apr 26, 2004, 09:33 PM
I'm coming to you live from my new PowerBook, and all I can say is, as a user of an iBook G3 700MHz, is WOW, what a change. I feel so, professional now, haha. No jiggles, no dead pixels or white spots, perfect, simply perfect. I've never seen a AlPowerBook in person and so this is a rather special moment for me. :D The only issues I had were getting 2 of the 4 memory shield screws off but they finally gave way, haha! Anyway, here is my plan of action:

Format
Reinstall (without all that extra crapola and NO IE) :D
Update
Install iLife '04
Install GarageBand Jam Pack
Update some more
Charge up battery, let it drain, charge it up again, insta calibration!

Woo, even planning out my steps for this evening is making me excited! I think I'll do some testing after all is installed and updated then post it in a new thread. Until then, it's formatting time! Check below for stats.

saabmp3
Apr 26, 2004, 10:31 PM
I never really understood why people reinstall mac systems when they get them. Unless they're floor models, the pre-packages install CD's have nearly identical copies of what your going to put on there. If you don't want IE, just delete it. That's what your goign to have to do with the reinstall anyways.

The battery idea is key tho, that will make the life last longer.

Congrads to you!

BEN

tomf87
Apr 26, 2004, 10:34 PM
Not so... They install all of the language packs, and have extra applications on them, such as Zinio.

I do it just to make sure the OS installs cleanly and plus it is sort of a burn-in for me.