PDA

View Full Version : ibook g3 wont turn on!

EK03
Apr 26, 2004, 09:47 PM
i was installing 10.3 on my G3 600 14" ibook with 256 mb of ram and it just shut down, when i try turning it back on i hear the sound but the monitor wont tturn on, any suggestions?

ok now i hear the sound and 20 seconds later with no video it reboots and i hear the sound again

problem is when i was cleaning the outside water dripped in (i used a small amount).

it came back WITH the lcd displaying everything correctly until 30 minutes later it appeared the video chip in the laptop was going crazy (wierd screen artifacts). I immediately shut it off and blow dried under the keyboard for forced evaporation, im not turning it back on till tommarrow. Is it fried or is their hope?

chasingapple
Apr 27, 2004, 02:20 AM
You will find out tomorrow ;)

Mord
Apr 27, 2004, 11:10 AM
its not your fault apple will repair it for free it just takes about a month because of the backlog

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

dukemeiser
Apr 28, 2004, 06:21 PM
If you're going to clean your iBook use a DAMP cloth, not a wet one. And don't turn it on immediately after spilling liquid on it. It will fry the logic board. Wait a long time to make sure it's completely dry before turning it on.

Macmaniac
Apr 28, 2004, 09:09 PM
If you want to check if your computer is really dead hook up your computers external video out to a monitor and see if you get any video that way, if nothing comes up, your logic board may have died.