PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problem and AppleCare

papersushi
Apr 27, 2004, 01:03 AM
My "Backspace" key on my 12'' PB suddently doesn't work anymore. It cannot be pressed down anymore. I have to press really hard to have it to respond.

My computer is still under 1 year warranty but has past 90 days phone support. Will I be charged $50 for calling AppleCare to have this problem taken care of? How long usually does it take to have it repaired?

Do I have to send it in or I can bing it in to an Apple store? Thanks!

Bear
Apr 27, 2004, 07:00 AM
My "Backspace" key on my 12'' PB suddently doesn't work anymore. It cannot be pressed down anymore. I have to press really hard to have it to respond.

My computer is still under 1 year warranty but has past 90 days phone support. Will I be charged $50 for calling AppleCare to have this problem taken care of? How long usually does it take to have it repaired?

Do I have to send it in or I can bing it in to an Apple store? Thanks!If you live close enough to an Apple store, just grab your receipt ans take your PB in.

Depending on the issue, they may be able to fix it while you wait. Or even order a keyboard and let you have use of your machine while they wait for it to come in.