PDA

View Full Version : Unibody MacBook Battery Indicator Problems

yamaha106
Apr 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
Ok well here is what is going on. My MacBook started that act strange this weekend when i used my MacBook Pro charger on my macbook. The time remaining doesn't appear on the screen and it still stays its connected to the power adapter for main power. Right now my magsafe is not plugged in. It also seems to take a lot longer to charge. Any ideas as to what is going on?

DeusInvictus7
Apr 30, 2009, 04:49 PM
That's what kinda happened to me...and I had to get my logic board replaced. Of course, you could see if it is the charger or the battery...but most likely you're gonna have to get the logic board replaced as well. Good Luck

yamaha106
Apr 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
does the 1 year warranty cover it? i bought my macbook back in november and the battery is still at 100% with 70 cycles.

iLog.Genius
Apr 30, 2009, 05:01 PM
does the 1 year warranty cover it? i bought my macbook back in november and the battery is still at 100% with 70 cycles.

Yes.

yamaha106
Apr 30, 2009, 05:05 PM
ok sweet. do you think it's a good idea if i tell them i used the macbook pro charger?

iLog.Genius
Apr 30, 2009, 05:53 PM
ok sweet. do you think it's a good idea if i tell them i used the macbook pro charger?

You don't have to say anything. It's a defect/faulty.

DeusInvictus7
Apr 30, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well, from my experience from the issue, the first time you go to Apple, they will try to replace the charger/battery first...then if it doesn't fix the problem...then they will replace the logic board. So it seems like that is the procedure so far, unless you have tried another charger/battery, like I did, then they might do replace the logic board quicker. Just book a Genius appointment as soon as you can and just explain the whole thing.

iLog.Genius
Apr 30, 2009, 06:48 PM
Well, from my experience from the issue, the first time you go to Apple, they will try to replace the charger/battery first...then if it doesn't fix the problem...then they will replace the logic board. So it seems like that is the procedure so far, unless you have tried another charger/battery, like I did, then they might do replace the logic board quicker. Just book a Genius appointment as soon as you can and just explain the whole thing.

Instead of wasting time, call up AppleCare and tell them your problem and that you did try with another charger/battery. They will note it to setup a repair. Sometimes Genius' need to stop the f------ around and do the repair rather troubleshooting something they know is already broken and stop trying to find reasons why a repair isn't needed.

DeusInvictus7
Apr 30, 2009, 07:14 PM
Instead of wasting time, call up AppleCare and tell them your problem and that you did try with another charger/battery. They will note it to setup a repair. Sometimes Genius' need to stop the f------ around and do the repair rather troubleshooting something they know is already broken and stop trying to find reasons why a repair isn't needed.

Funny thing is, I actually did call apple first, since the apple store is an hour and a half away from me. But all they did for me was tell me to reset the SMC and PRAM, and then try another charger, which I had all already done. So that didn't really help me anyway.

But I know what you mean, they definitely need to stop trying to get away with cheaper "repairs" and just FIX things like they are supposed to! lol