Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drrules

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Hey everyone,
I perused the forums and I didn't find that it had been asked, if in my exhausted state I missed it, my apologies.

Anyhow, on 3.0 beta 4 has anyone else noticed that custom ringtones don't work?

All of the ringtones copy to my phone. If I change the default one it works, but if I make contact specific ones, it still uses the default.

For example, my default ring is set to my goddaughter laughing.

My friend Adam has his ringtone set to "Adam", when he calls it's my goddaughter laughing still.

I'm removed all of the ringtones from the phone and then put them back, still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks all.

jackryan57

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
Hey everyone,
I perused the forums and I didn't find that it had been asked, if in my exhausted state I missed it, my apologies.

Anyhow, on 3.0 beta 4 has anyone else noticed that custom ringtones don't work?

All of the ringtones copy to my phone. If I change the default one it works, but if I make contact specific ones, it still uses the default.

For example, my default ring is set to my goddaughter laughing.

My friend Adam has his ringtone set to "Adam", when he calls it's my goddaughter laughing still.

I'm removed all of the ringtones from the phone and then put them back, still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks all.

Are you using PYSL by any chance??

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Try deleting Adam as a contact, then have him call you. View 'Recents' and add him as a contact.

Sometimes, between AT&T (or whomever your provider is) and the iPhone, they may not recognize the contact by the caller's number.

For example, AT&T might transmit 1-234-567-8901 but your iPhone has the contact stored as (234) 567-8901.

So, with the thousands of users using our ringtones, we've found that the most reliable way is to let the iPhone tell you how it recognizes the user, and then make that into a contact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.