Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I had a little problem with my hard drive a while back....and have lost all the data. However, my important photos are still stored on my iphone. How do I get them off? If i selected to sync the photos with iphoto, will it delete them from the phone or put them in the trash?

I have also tried a lot of free programs to do this but none of them seem to work... Is there any way to do this without using programs?

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
I had a little problem with my hard drive a while back....and have lost all the data. However, my important photos are still stored on my iphone. How do I get them off? If i selected to sync the photos with iphoto, will it delete them from the phone or put them in the trash?

I have also tried a lot of free programs to do this but none of them seem to work... Is there any way to do this without using programs?

If you have a Mac, like it seems like you do, connect your iPhone, and then click import.
The photos should now be on iPhoto.
Hope you get it all resolved.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
i assume you mean the non iphone taken pics? yes a sync will delete them if the library is blank, also of note the images will NOT be in their original resolution so will be a bit crappy looking once on a normal sized display, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.