PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on Iphone programming

bytezone
May 1, 2009, 10:29 AM
I am steeping into iphone programming in few days and very anxious to know few thigns before I get started.

I have a bacground of c#.Net and good knowledge on opps as well as C language. I did go through few concepts of objective C and it does not look too difficult.

With this said, any idea how long it might take for me to get good hold on the cocoa framework to start developing application..?? I am totaly new to mac OS ..I will be getting my first Mac Susyem this weekend...!!!!

Also how does the future look for an iphone developer..??? Should I consider iphone programming as a side work or shoudl work towards it with an intention to become an iphone developer...???

CocoaPuffs
May 1, 2009, 12:28 PM
I am steeping into iphone programming in few days and very anxious to know few thigns before I get started.

I have a bacground of c#.Net and good knowledge on opps as well as C language. I did go through few concepts of objective C and it does not look too difficult.

With this said, any idea how long it might take for me to get good hold on the cocoa framework to start developing application..?? I am totaly new to mac OS ..I will be getting my first Mac Susyem this weekend...!!!!

Also how does the future look for an iphone developer..??? Should I consider iphone programming as a side work or shoudl work towards it with an intention to become an iphone developer...???
I am just quoting someone else who had responded to the countless threads similar to this:

"You could be a genius and begin developing sophisticated apps within few months, or you could be a complete idiot and spend years and getting nowhere."

Perhaps you should ask your friend/co-worker for a honest opinion of where you stand on the spectrum to answer your own question.