Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stil

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
I haven't used RiL but I love Instapaper Pro. Tilt scrolling is great. One big difference is that Instapaper is more integrated with other apps. Many of the Twitter apps and others will link to Istapaper. Maybe this will come to RiL in the future.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Instapaper Pro has been awesome, tilt screen scrolling is great, and I prefer the night reading screen. Read It Later can read a few sites that Instapaper can't.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I tried the tilt scrolling on a friend's phone and it seemed like a gimmick to me. It was neat at first, but I found it much easier to use my thumb to scroll. It almost seemed like work trying to keep the phone balanced while I read and then find the right angle to tilt it to make it scroll to the place I wanted. So tilt scrolling means nothing to me.

I do like that Tweetie has instapaper integrtation. If the prices were the same, I would probably choose instapaper but with it costing 3+ times more that RiL, I'll probably just give RiL a shot.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you are looking to save money, get the free versions of Instapaper or Read It Later. It's free, can't beat that! :p

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I went for the paid version of Read It Later.... very happy with it so far. I really like the Firefox extension. I had a little bit of trouble getting it to play nice with FoxMarks, but I think I have it set up correctly now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.