Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spares

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
I live eat and sleep kijiji, for those of you who dont know what it is, think craigs list. Anyways an ad popped up today for a BlackBook that has had a spill on it. The guy reassures that only the logic board was affected and he removed the HDD to use externally. It comes with everything including miniDVI-DVI & miniDVI-VGA adapters and magsafe. Would this be worth buying for 200 dollars and part out? The LCD works I am told.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I live eat and sleep kijiji, for those of you who dont know what it is, think craigs list. Anyways an ad popped up today for a BlackBook that has had a spill on it. The guy reassures that only the logic board was affected and he removed the HDD to use externally. It comes with everything including miniDVI-DVI & miniDVI-VGA adapters and magsafe. Would this be worth buying for 200 dollars and part out? The LCD works I am told.

But if the logic board is fried, the whole thing is basically useless.

Spares

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
I was under the impression each part of a computer could be disassembled and either sold or used to fix my own if anything ever happened.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
If the logic board is gone then the processor really can't be trusted and I would be suspicious of the RAM. What else is there besides the hard drive and the screen? Don't buy it.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Look for Macbooks with broken screen on ebay, and find out how much. Add the both up both cost and see if it's worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.