Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOCD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
So i was just on safari about to download a SMC firmware to stop crashing from happening... but while doing so i got shades of black starting to scroll on my screen until the screen was totally black. It wasn't a crash, or a kernel panic... I'm not really sure what it was... the computer is still on but its frozen and all black =\

MacOCD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Does a restart help?

If not, why don't you backup your data, and do a clean install?

Maybe SMC has fracked up your system...

Oh... I have reinstalled over 10 times on this MacBook so much so i don't do anything on my MacBook but try and fix it, the day i bought it, it was defective, maybe because i got it the day it came out but still... Nothing does anything and this is just the latest weird thing it did and wondering why... trying to get away from the quick fix and get it fixed for good.

EDIT: Computer restarted itself and battery will no longer charge, doesn't recognize that it is there... Fantastic, any help?

MacOCD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Why haven't you taken it to Apple yet?

I have about 7 receipts from them with repairs... even got a logic board replaced... Still a POS, only apple i have fixed more than one time :(

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
I have about 7 receipts from them with repairs... even got a logic board replaced... Still a POS, only apple i have fixed more than one time :(

If they couldn't fix it after 7 times there's obviously something very wrong with this Mac. Demand a replacement.

MacOCD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
If they couldn't fix it after 7 times there's obviously something very wrong with this Mac. Demand a replacement.

I don't think i can still get one with no warranty could I?

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
I don't think i can still get one with no warranty could I?

Ouch. Maybe you can tell them that the product was giving you problems since the day you bought it. It was defective already when you got it right?

Maybe then can help out. Hope you get it fix :)

MacOCD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
MacBook, good news.

This is a continuation post... so don't freak out that its not a help post.
Just some good news on the most defective MacBook around, i called apple and they said they could not replace because of no warranty but, they gave me a free check up, and repair if needed, no cost to me, which is nice, but would rather have replacement :p

Thanks to every one who helped me in the process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.