Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Okay. so on my macbook, i am planning to move my iTunes Library from my windows partition in bootcamp to my OS X partition. I made this decision after seeing how fast iTunes runs in OSX compared to windows :eek:

So i was looking up some stuff, and i found this little tidbit on the apple webiste.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

It says that you can back up your iTunes Library to an external drive. I have already consolidated it and done everything but the dragging and dropping.

If i move my library to the external drive, can i then put that entire folder on my Mac?? (i am saving it to a Fat 32 file system on my 16 GB Flash drive) and if i do that in the location provided in Apple's tutorial, will it work? will i be able to connect my iPod and start syncing? will DRM affect this? (i have already authorized iTunes under Mac OS X.

Please help!!!

PS: Are there any alternative methods to move your iTunes Library from a Windows bootcamp partition to the OS X partition?

Thanks!! :apple:

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Okay. so on my macbook, i am planning to move my iTunes Library from my windows partition in bootcamp to my OS X partition. I made this decision after seeing how fast iTunes runs in OSX compared to windows :eek:

So i was looking up some stuff, and i found this little tidbit on the apple webiste.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

It says that you can back up your iTunes Library to an external drive. I have already consolidated it and done everything but the dragging and dropping.

If i move my library to the external drive, can i then put that entire folder on my Mac?? (i am saving it to a Fat 32 file system on my 16 GB Flash drive) and if i do that in the location provided in Apple's tutorial, will it work? will i be able to connect my iPod and start syncing? will DRM affect this? (i have already authorized iTunes under Mac OS X.

Please help!!!

PS: Are there any alternative methods to move your iTunes Library from a Windows bootcamp partition to the OS X partition?

Thanks!! :apple:

Just do as the tutorial says, and it will be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.