Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thankins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Well I just sold my MacBook Air Rev A (Base model) that I have had for about 5 months now for 900.00 dollars on craigslist.

It was a great little machine for surfing the net one, but I found myself missing the power and I hated that the fans constantly came on when using it.

So I took that 900 dollars and went today and bought a new MacBook Pro 2.66 model. Think it will work just fine :)

Thanks everyone here for the post - it helped me through tons of problems and questions. Great resource for all MBA owners

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Good luck with your new machine!
You should be very happy with it!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Congrats on getting rid of your rev A.

I am a rev B MBA fan myself. While I never had a good experience with the A and considered it slow, I consider the rev B MBA with SSD fast and very capable.

Did you consider the rev B MBA at all? What made you decide on the MBP?

Congrats and best wishes with your new MBP.

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
A MBP is a great machine if the portability of the MBA is not high on your priorities. Definitely more powerful and the bigger screen and beefier specs are nice.

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
if you are use to not needing an optical drive you should take the one in your new MBP and put in a matching HDD or put in two SSD's and Raid them. wish i could do it but i need my optical drive.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
I made a similar switch a few weeks ago. I am very happy with the Pro but.... I just grabbed my Rev A Air that my girlfriend is using and wow, there is a difference. :) Despite being pretty wide and long for an ultraportable, the Air still blows me away with its weight and general portability.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
If that's impressive you'll *love* using a subnotebook. :)

As a former Vaio picturebook c1 owner, EEE 1000HE user for about a week and former user of a Libretto u100 I have to say I agree with Steve when he says that a full sized keyboard and screen are more important than absolute smallest surface area.

But I know other people have other priorities. I post only to share that after getting used to my new MBP the fact that my old Air could be so much lighter and more sleek while maintaining almost the same user interface impressed me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.