Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redj3k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2009
Hi, I'm new here...
I'd like to share with you my concept of MacBook Touch

Hope you like it...

Tommaso Gecchelin

Attachments

• MacBook Touch beta 2.0-1.jpg
    MacBook Touch beta 2.0-1.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 526
  • MacBook Touch beta 2.0-2.jpg
    MacBook Touch beta 2.0-2.jpg
    973.5 KB · Views: 450

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
As a Product Designer (Or Aspiring one) I am very impressed, the concept is good, the renders are amazing, and its well thought out aswell.

Only problem is OLED currently isnt flexible in sizes much bigger than 2 or 3 inches, and cant display full colour, but your definitely looking ahead.

I Would buy one in an instant!

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
oh wow very nice concept. you put some time into that i can tell. the results are amazing!

i'd buy one as well but the idea of a touch screen keyboard doesnt suit me. for i dont like typing on touch screens these days

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
Very interesting. In my opinion, I think it looks a bit bulky and the "rubber/plastic" sides at the joint look a bit weak like they would crack after heavy use.

Great job though!

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
As a Product Designer (Or Aspiring one) I am very impressed, the concept is good, the renders are amazing, and its well thought out aswell.

Only problem is OLED currently isnt flexible in sizes much bigger than 2 or 3 inches, and cant display full colour, but your definitely looking ahead.

I Would buy one in an instant!

haha who wouldn't buy one in an instant

great job!

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
Wow... I want it! I doubt well see that kind of technology for a few years, but that is something apple would come out with before anyone else did!

Nice job!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Dude, get a patent or something on these concepts, because they're good enough that someone could seriously rip them off. This is outstanding work.

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
You've got awesome design skill. I like the inner design, not so much for the exterior. You should try an alternative with rounded part like the unibody lid. Might look better then the sharp corners you have there.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Very impressive. I've thought about a similar design myself and I really hope we see something like this in the near future. As long as that touch screen had tactile feedback (or at least on half of it) I'd certainly be buying one.

You deserve a job with the Apple design team in California.

:apple:

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I want them. Now. NOW.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I like the "Laptop or Canvas" bit best.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

The only thing I would change is that the magic dock should raise the height of the macbook touch to suit eye level better, but it's not necessary as normal laptop displays are that height anyway.

Also, I doubt apple will ever come up with a predominantly touch-screen device that uses regular OSX, I'd say it would use mobile OSX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.