Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlegend

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
DC
Anyone have any experience with them? Wondering how well they print out pictures. Clearly not looking for a top of the line picture quality but just quick cheap pics

brendalana

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall, Britain
Kodak Printers

Greetings, diegend...

Maybe you'll have better luck in the US—being the home of Kodak, but from my experience here in Britain steer clear of Kodak...

I purchased and had to return an ESP7 AiO printer for refund... shoddily built, quality control nonexistent—faulty internal wiring... communication with Kodak online shop support < KodakOnlineShop@kodak.co.uk > frustrating to say the least—their first language is not English, but German... and... should Kodak legal department take umbrage at my condemnation of their shoddy product and customer support—please see KODAK Case ID #: 60384614...

Immediately after that month-and-a-half-long debacle... I purchased and since having necessarily replaced a faulty delivered machine... I have been satisfactorily enjoying an EPSON Stylus Photo PX700W AiO with duplexeer... Epson Express Center support was technically competent and a joy to deal with—enough said...

brendalana

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Canon (ha! Nikon doesn't make printers... :eek:)

I have a scanner/printer combo I got for $59 refurbished and it's great.

I've seen great pics come from even a cheap Canon printer you can get refurbished for $29.

I switched from Epson - stay well away. Plus their Tech Support is in India...

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Anyone have any experience with them? Wondering how well they print out pictures. Clearly not looking for a top of the line picture quality but just quick cheap pics[/QUOTE

It all depends on what you consider "quality". Notice above one person thinks a $59 all in one is good enough. Others will tell you the Epson R2400 is the "standard" that you should compare all others too.

What do you need? You say "quick" is that 30 seconds or 5 minutes? Do you care if the color changes a year after the print is made? Will the images be displayed? Do you have a budget?

dlegend

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
DC
Reason I decided to look at a kodak printer is how cheap the ink is and how it's suppossed to last so much longer. For prints that I plan on keeping I always get them made at a store (target, ritz, costco, adorama, etc). Just looking for something I can print out a 4x6 and hang on the fridge for a couple weeks/months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.