Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Via Lifehacker

The official Windows 7 Release Candidate is now available for all users through Microsoft's Customer Preview program.

Officially the folks at Redmond had said the release would be available tomorrow (May 5), and while it's not May 5 anywhere in the US at the time of this writing—hey, it's May 5 somewhere.

To download Windows 7 RC, you'll need to hit up the link below, head to the bottom of the page to select which version of Windows 7 you want (32-bit or 64-bit), select your language, and then sign in with your Windows Live account (that means you'll need to get one if you don't have one already). After that, just grab yourself a cold drink and wait. So far the download is moving swiftly for me (around 450KB/s) and should be done in just over an hour and a half. Hopefully they can keep it up, but if not, remember: This download and product keys will be available through the end of June, so you've got plenty of time.

Download Instructions

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
As always, thanks for the heads up r.j.s.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Downoading now by the way im running on the 17" Imac. Core 2 duo 2.GHZ with 2Gigs of ram will the 64 bit Version run fine on my imac?

umiwangu

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Malawi
Lucky people...

Thanks for asking. I've got 4% done with 25 hours to go. Blasted VSATs.

BTW, I couldn't get the Java Applet to work, so I had to use IE and the ActiveX downloader.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Oof, I just realized I only have 768 MB of RAM in my PC. I hope it runs ok...the beta did, but still...
It will run just fine on 512MB from what I've read. The RC is quicker than the Beta anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.