Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c726e6f6e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
So I'm running Leopard, I've got the developer tools installed, and I'm trying to make what I would think would be a super simple file rename utility for a game I play. I've built the interface in Interface Builder (although the background image refuses to appear when I run the Simulator), and I've got the AppleScripts done; it's just putting it all together in Xcode and Interface Builder that's vexing me.

To give you an idea of what the app does, here's how it works:

When you launch the app, it brings up a small window with three elements: a decorative image (a PNG file), a label and a toggle button which, when pressed (and depending on the toggle state), runs one of two AppleScripts which rename some files and folders from one state to another.

Here's the list of files and folders in state 1:

./gfx/FX/
./gfx/fonts/
./map/!!terrain/
./map/terrain/
./map/!!topology.bmp
./map/topology.bmp

Here's the list of files and folders in state 2:

./gfx/!!FX/
./gfx/!!fonts/
./map/terrain/
./map/!!terrain/
./map/topology.bmp
./map/!!topology.bmp

When the app launches, it should run a third AppleScript I've got that looks up the file names and sets the toggle state of the button based on whether ./gfx/FX/ exists or ./gfx/!!FX/ does. Then when you click the button it runs the file/folder rename AppleScript that corresponds to the appropriate state.

So here's my questions:
How do I get it to run the first AppleScript on launch to detect which toggle state it sets the button to and set the toggle state of the button based on the AppleScript's return code?
How do I link the file rename AppleScripts to the button toggle states?
How do I get the image to actually show up when I run it in the Simulator?

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.