PDA

View Full Version : 'AT&T myWireless Mobile' Allows iPhone Users to Manage AT&T Wireless Accounts

MacRumors
May 5, 2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/05/05/atandt-mywireless-mobile-allows-iphone-users-to-manage-atandt-wireless-accounts/)

AT&T today announced (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=26794) the availability of AT&T myWireless Mobile [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309172177&mt=8), Free], a new application released a few days ago that allows subscribers to manage their AT&T wireless accounts from their iPhones.

Supplementing AT&T myWireless, a popular service through www.att.com (http://www.att.com) used today by millions of AT&T customers, the Mobile edition for iPhone brings greater ease and simplicity to virtually all elements of account management. The app's primary functions include:

- Bill and Pay – View monthly bill in full and make one-touch payments
- Voice and Data Usage – View all voice and data usage, including text messages
- Features – Browse and manage bolt-on features, including new texting plans and more

The application also allows parents managing several accounts through a family plan to view used minutes broken down by category, data usage, and text messages across accounts.

Article Link: 'AT&T myWireless Mobile' Allows iPhone Users to Manage AT&T Wireless Accounts (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/05/05/atandt-mywireless-mobile-allows-iphone-users-to-manage-atandt-wireless-accounts/)

mavis
May 5, 2009, 08:59 PM
That's way cool. I wish SoftBank would do something like that, too!

:rolleyes:

Nah. It'll never happen.

dissdnt
May 5, 2009, 09:00 PM
LOL, only 2 years late. Thanks AT&T!

The Governor
May 5, 2009, 09:07 PM
LOL, only 2 years late. Thanks AT&T!

Well technically only 10 months, but still.....

This should of been of the first 400 apps.

Adisah
May 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
This might be pretty cool.

Rychiar
May 5, 2009, 09:51 PM
would be nice if it also let you view your picture messages:mad:

iansilv
May 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
Finally!!!

Heh- if they want to publicize it they should charge for it... like 99 cents. It would make the news, then they could say "whoops"

yayaba
May 5, 2009, 10:11 PM
App is slow as hell for me when I'm on wifi. Same for anyone else?

SweetestEvil
May 5, 2009, 10:12 PM
This should have been a basic app that came with the first version iphone. Long over due. Now if BoA would revamp their program so it works faster/more logically. :rolleyes:

vega07
May 5, 2009, 10:20 PM
you can replace this slow application by calling *646# and *3282# on your iPhone to receive your voice and data usage via texts.

you can pay your bill this way too, but I haven't tried it yet.

nagromme
May 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
I pay online via my bank site (which already supports iPhone) so I probably won't waste an icon slot for this. The management I REALLY want is being able to turn call forwarding on and off... which iPhone Settings already can do.

Still, it's good to see that AT&T is taking an interest in the iPhone :p

Watabou
May 5, 2009, 11:02 PM
Finally. One of the few things that ATT did right.

acfusion29
May 5, 2009, 11:09 PM
If only Rogers cared for their customers enough to release something like this...

Instead, they're worried about their loss in revenue because of the swine flu :rolleyes:

newyorksole
May 5, 2009, 11:11 PM
isn't it funny how a few days ago there was a thread saying that AT&T should come out with this.

and people called the person stupid because why would AT&T want people to easily see when they are over their minutes?

lewisd25
May 5, 2009, 11:18 PM
I wish Apple would integrate this into the "Settings" area....it would mean one less app filling up my springboard.

Prenvo
May 6, 2009, 01:18 AM
This is what I'm afraid will happen to O2's similar offering :(

jbrandonf
May 6, 2009, 02:42 AM
I wish Apple would integrate this into the "Settings" area....it would mean one less app filling up my springboard.

Dig down into phone settings.

I think this is a great idea. I deleted the myWireless bookmark that is installed with firmware because the site wasn't optimized for my phone. I discovered this app a couple days ago while doing a little store searching for anything that could be interesting. Keep it up AT&T!

bobbleheadbob
May 6, 2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks, AT&T. Would've expected this to come out sooner, but better late than never.

Scooterman1
May 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
It would be a lot better if it let you view the Date and Minutes 'Details' like it does online.

W1LLk
May 6, 2009, 07:29 AM
would be nice if it also let you view your picture messages:mad:

That made me laugh. Hopefully after the 3.0, we will never see www.viewmymessage.com ever again... :D

Thillbilli
May 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
One unfortunate aspect of this app is that they assume the only people who use iPhones will want the app to manage their accounts while AT&T wireless customers with an iPod touch are left out.

Granted iPod users would only be able to use the app when connected to a Wi-Fi network, but this doesn't seem a strong enough reason to exclude iPod users from the use of this application.

bytethese
May 6, 2009, 08:03 AM
you can replace this slow application by calling *646# and *3282# on your iPhone to receive your voice and data usage via texts.

Having only 200 texts/mo, I'll use the "slow app" or the web I suppose. :)

One unfortunate aspect of this app is that they assume the only people who use iPhones will want the app to manage their accounts while AT&T wireless customers with an iPod touch are left out.

Granted iPod users would only be able to use the app when connected to a Wi-Fi network, but this doesn't seem a strong enough reason to exclude iPod users from the use of this application.
Did I read this incorrectly or was this to supplement paying your monthly cellular bill, checking it's usage, etc. iPod users do not pay a monthly fee for phone usage, which is what this app assists with, however I'd imagine AT&T could add additional functionality to allow all users to view and pay for any/all services that AT&T offers.

Knowlege Bomb
May 6, 2009, 08:11 AM
Having only 200 texts/mo, I'll use the "slow app" or the web I suppose. :)

All texts from AT&T are free.

Thillbilli
May 6, 2009, 08:32 AM
Did I read this incorrectly or was this to supplement paying your monthly cellular bill, checking it's usage, etc. iPod users do not pay a monthly fee for phone usage, which is what this app assists with, however I'd imagine AT&T could add additional functionality to allow all users to view and pay for any/all services that AT&T offers.

The description of the applications goes:

...allows subscribers to manage their AT&T wireless accounts from their iPhones

It does not say you can manage your "iPhone AT&T wireless account."

I take the description to mean that any AT&T wireless user can manage their account whether they have an iPhone or another cellular device.

powaking
May 6, 2009, 08:44 AM

I agree. I know you can send txt's to get this but I think it should be more intuitive. Seeing how you are constantly connected to their network it should have a meter reading that gets updated every so often.

gotzaiPhone
May 6, 2009, 10:42 AM
I downloaded it and it just will not work. I keep getting a "W001" error code that they can't display my info at this time and to try later. Well it's been hours later and still nothing. Thanks for the worthless app AT&T.

kicko
May 6, 2009, 10:51 AM
I downloaded it and it just will not work. I keep getting a "W001" error code that they can't display my info at this time and to try later. Well it's been hours later and still nothing. Thanks for the worthless app AT&T.

Do you get a discount? or anything different about your account? I spend over an hour with a&at and apple and neither could tell me why it doesnt work on my phone, (W001 error) but works just fine on my wifes.. on the same family plan!

SAMTATSICPRO
May 6, 2009, 11:57 AM
That made me laugh. Hopefully after the 3.0, we will never see www.viewmymessage.com ever again... :D

yeah hate that annoying site.... even on a computer it never works...

izzle22
May 6, 2009, 12:55 PM
All texts from AT&T are free.

Really??? When did this happen? Never?:eek:

gotzaiPhone
May 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
Do you get a discount? or anything different about your account? I spend over an hour with a&at and apple and neither could tell me why it doesnt work on my phone, (W001 error) but works just fine on my wifes.. on the same family plan!

Nothing that I know of. I do have a family plan, but I'm the primary and there's nothing special but for 2 non-iPhones on my plan.

GutBomb
May 6, 2009, 01:01 PM
Really??? When did this happen? Never?:eek:

I've never had to pay for an incoming text message if the message is AT&T sending me information about my account. Just like calling 611 doesn't take minutes. I think you may have misunderstood that as "Text messages are free from AT&T CUSTOMERS." That is not the case, only AT&T themselves.

srl7741
May 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
I've been using this App since it was released and found it works great. It's fast and has never crashed. Now I don't have to fumble around their busy web site just to pay the bill not to mention I can make a payment when away from a computer. (guess that's why it's called mobile)

They should have had this out long ago.

KidStallyn
May 6, 2009, 02:31 PM
Well technically only 10 months, but still.....

This should of been of the first 400 apps.

It took them that long to get through the App Approval process Apple setup.......:rolleyes:

lazyrighteye
May 6, 2009, 03:36 PM

I am speechless.

kasei
May 6, 2009, 06:20 PM
This app turned out to be pretty useful. It helped me realize I was going over on my text messages and I changed to unlimited data/text via the app. Pretty slick...

Jeff321
May 6, 2009, 07:06 PM
This app is extremely slow in loading information for me. Logging in took forever also. And I'm on WiFi.

sPAULj
May 6, 2009, 08:16 PM

*pay

AT&T *services (http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/starservices.jsp)

You can also easily pay your bill with Text2pay (http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=64987&isSrch=Yes)

/customer service

yadmonkey
May 7, 2009, 03:48 AM
I love how the screenshot shows the Total Amount Due as $7.12. Now that's comedy.

sunfast
May 7, 2009, 10:40 AM
Come along O2. We're waiting.

macneurotic
May 7, 2009, 09:16 PM
Please see this blog post I wrote about this app: http://www.macneurotic.com/blog/2009/5/8/painless-bill-payment-with-atts-mywireless.html

I love it!

jayducharme
May 8, 2009, 10:39 AM

Settings > General > Usage gives a lot of info.

calling *646# and *3282# on your iPhone

I have those in my Favorites, and that gives the only other account info I really need. Except for paying my AT&T bill online, I'm not sure what else I'd get out of this app.

yadmonkey
May 8, 2009, 02:26 PM
Settings > General > Usage gives a lot of info.

Yeah, but it also lacks a lot, particularly for those of us on family plans.

saccento
May 11, 2009, 05:46 PM
about time.. they should have had this once they got the app store opened.

Applebyter
May 18, 2009, 07:16 PM
read an article saying we may get them

iMrNiceGuy0023
Jun 13, 2009, 02:18 AM
anyway to get this on FW 2.2??

iPhoneNYC
Jun 13, 2009, 06:13 AM
ATT is the weak link in the iPhone chain. Always holding back the possibilities. Need other carriers in the US.

jazz1
Jun 13, 2009, 11:37 AM
Does this work on the iPhone? What does it cost?