Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Taken with an iPhone:

Attachments

• Cat, Panerera.JPG
    Cat, Panerera.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 234

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
For the record, the cat was on the Aeolian island of Panarea, a lovely island with no cars and a view of the smoking volcano on Strombolli. A ferry ride from either Naples or Sicily.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
I find "Oh sole meow" very amusing. Lol. Thanks for the edition! By the way, the photo was taken in front of a house about a fifteen minute walk up the hill away from the port and beach.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
While I was writing where the photo was taken, I thought I'd post another photo of the deck in front of the little house I rented. To get to my rental I would walk past that cat. In the morning I would sit on the deck and have a view of a smoking volcano. Also taken with the iPhone:

Attachments

• View of Stromboli.JPG
    View of Stromboli.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 107

iamamac

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2008
While I was writing where the photo was taken, I thought I'd post another photo of the deck in front of the little house I rented. To get to my rental I would walk past that cat. In the morning I would sit on the deck and have a view of a smoking volcano. Also taken with the iPhone:
Che iphone hai, scusa??? :eek::eek:

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
The two photos above were taken when my iPhone was new. The pictures were extremely high quality for a cell phone (remember that the iPhone is indeed a cell phone.) As the phone aged the lens got smudgy the coating has worn a bit and the pictures it takes are less good. They sometimes look like the "before" photos that were shown with that new software last week. One reason I am especially looking forward to the 3rd gen phone is to upgrade my camera as it is indeed very cool to have quality photos out of a cell phone.

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009

I love that place, though I think Panarea (still sunningly beautiful) is the one I prefer the least amongst the 7 Aeolian islands. Did you visit any other one?

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
The two photos above were taken when my iPhone was new. The pictures were extremely high quality for a cell phone (remember that the iPhone is indeed a cell phone.) As the phone aged the lens got smudgy the coating has worn a bit and the pictures it takes are less good.

There's a thread on here somewhere about how to remove the coating. Apparently gets the photos back to looking good again

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Since people still seem to be looking at this thread --- Two more photos: Another view of the cat, perhaps more flattering to the cat, and a view of the little walkway where the cat lived. Once one left the slightly crowded beach/dock area it is quite common to see empty walkways. Both, again, taken with an iPhone:

Attachments

• Sitting Cat.JPG
    Sitting Cat.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Panerea Walk.JPG
    Panerea Walk.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 67

iamamac

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2008
That iphone you have, excuse?

Babelfish is your friend, sometimes.

I know both Italian and English..
I thought you were Italian :)
..and I was just amazed about the picture quality :rolleyes:
the correct translation is "excuse me, what kind of iPhone do you have?" (that takes such good photos)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.