Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I am running OS 10.1 and I cant get stereo sound, I know it is not my soundcard, it plays in stereo in 9 I don't even get stereo alerts in X Please help I have tried everything I know how to do.

Thank You in advance

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
What kind of machine are you running it on? Is it a laptop, or a desktop with external speakers?

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
what kind of speakers do you have?

what kind of speakers do you have? I have the sound sticks and I know that for a while I had a problem with the sound and It was fixed by going to the sound controll pannel and messing with the settings a little. Just playing with it made it work. Then after a few updates to the OS, I have not had any problems. What OS are you running? You said OS 10.1. Does that mean your not running 10.1.5? you should upgrade if you are not.

-evildead

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I have fixed the problem I messed with the sound setting in the control panel and messed with the balance setting and poof it works must of been a fluke. Can I get 10.1.5 on a multi part download? I think that may help also Thank You, my freinds, You are most kind and logical.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
It looks like if you go from 10.1 to 10.1.5 you have to download the combo update and that is about 45MB. And you have to install some security update before you do that. You can download some of the older updaters first then get the 10.1.2 to 10.1.5 installer and it would be kind of muilti download. But you might end up downloading more MB over all that way. I know you used to beable to get it as a muliti download or at least the older updaters were. This is the first time I have seen a download for the Combo update.

here is a link to it:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=122011

-evildead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.