PDA

View Full Version : com.jungledisk.service problem

BothBarsOn
May 6, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hello all,

Hope I'm asking this is the right area ...

I gave JungleDisk a whirl a little while ago, decided it wasn't for me and deleted it with Appcleaner. I just looked at my system log and saw the following message. It's repeating every ten seconds. I can see that something's trying to write to a folder that doesn't exist any more but that's as far as my tiny brain will take me. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can stop it? Maybe it's nothing to get excited about, I dunno ... but it's annoying me now!

Thanks in advance.

May 7 01:17:55 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.jungledisk.service[1814]): posix_spawnp("/Applications/JungleDiskMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/JungleDiskMonitor", ...): No such file or directory
May 7 01:17:55 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.jungledisk.service[1814]): Exited with exit code: 1

natelanxon
Sep 12, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hello all,

Hope I'm asking this is the right area ...

I gave JungleDisk a whirl a little while ago, decided it wasn't for me and deleted it with Appcleaner. I just looked at my system log and saw the following message. It's repeating every ten seconds. I can see that something's trying to write to a folder that doesn't exist any more but that's as far as my tiny brain will take me. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can stop it? Maybe it's nothing to get excited about, I dunno ... but it's annoying me now!

Thanks in advance.

May 7 01:17:55 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.jungledisk.service[1814]): posix_spawnp("/Applications/JungleDiskMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/JungleDiskMonitor", ...): No such file or directory
May 7 01:17:55 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.jungledisk.service[1814]): Exited with exit code: 1

This has been bugging me for some time as well, but I found a possible solution by following JungleDisk's instructions on how to stop the JD service via Terminal.

http://support.jungledisk.com/forums/30233/entries/19066

For versions of Jungle Disk 2.5 and higher for Mac, the following steps are required to completely uninstall the application after dragging the application to your trash.

1. Open Terminal.app (in Applications/Utilities)

2. Type in: (you must be an administrator and you will be asked to enter your account password)

Desktop Edition removal:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jungledisk.service.plist
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jungledisk.service.plist

Workgroup Edition removal:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jungledisk.workgroupservice.plist
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jungledisk.workgroupservice.plist

3. Finally, delete /Applications/JungleDiskMonitor.app to complete the uninstallation.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a fix.