Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan.k.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Hey i just installed the App qTweeter from Cydia onto my iPhone 3g. I used up the 15 free trials it gives you and i want to delete the App off my phone. I tried to delete it by holding down the icon till it started wiggling, but it wont let me... can anyone help me?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
IF you go into itunes on your computer and delete the app from there, it can no longer sync to your iphone? Not sure if it will work but worth a try.
:confused:

mlemonds

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
Lexington, KY
you have to go into cydia and under package management (i think) and removed it from there.

been a while since i have jailbroken, but i know you have to uninstall the cydia apps through cydia.

dan.k.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Hmm... i can't find package management tab... i only see "featured packages"

dan.k.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Oh NVM!!!! I found where to uninstall it!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP!!! YIPEEEEEE :D

dravenrocks

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
Ok so i removed it using Cydelete,and it doesnt show up in Cydia under package management,but its still on my phone. I can slide down the winder in any app still,but i cant tweet into it. Any ideas guys?

NateDMB

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Ok so i removed it using Cydelete,and it doesnt show up in Cydia under package management,but its still on my phone. I can slide down the winder in any app still,but i cant tweet into it. Any ideas guys?

I would reinstall it from Cydia, and then uninstall it through Cydia. I never like CyDelete as it seemed buggy in the way you're describing.

dravenrocks

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
I would reinstall it from Cydia, and then uninstall it through Cydia. I never like CyDelete as it seemed buggy in the way you're describing.

Sorted it. Just changed my theme on winterboard,let springboard reload and it was gone. Thanks guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.