Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksandvig

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2006
This post is just a comment on how satisfied I am with my apple care warranty.

I bought my macbook in the summer of '06... Original Core Duo. The other day I checked the status of my apple care warranty, and I found out that it expires in about a month. My screen has been flickering lately, and the camera hasnt worked in awhile either (Dont really use it.) So i took it in just to get fixed before the deadline.. They shipped it out to the repair facility, and I was suprised at how awesome of a job they did. They not only fixed the camera and inverter, they replaced almost all of the plastic on the laptop (Minus the bottom piece) including keyboard, bottom bezel (with mousepad) and top bezel. Plus a bunch of other things they thought were in need of repair such as my disk drive and various cables (hard drive cable). Feels like a new machine!

Just a rant about how pleased I am with the ~$150 bucks i spent on it. Prior to this they even replaced my LCD (Granted, it started to bleed colors all over so they should of), power cord, and battery (Not dead from over-cycling, just a dead beat battery).

Brycew

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
So is it a better deal to buy AppleCare when the year is almost up? Or should I buy it along with my macbook? What do people usually do?
Honestly doesn't matter. I bought my three months later after I had some free cash. I'd do it now (If you have the money) just so that you don't forget. Peace of mind is worth the $200.00

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.