PDA

View Full Version : Just SWITCHED... one question...

Jim_N_Tonik
Apr 28, 2004, 09:49 PM
Ok, so the new iBook got here Monday -- and I must say I'm very impressed. I haven't really been using an Apple in a long time, so I had my doubts as to how easy it was going to be -- but I was very wrong. So far I find the iBook much easier to use than my old WinXP machine.

I do have one question though - and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere else, but a quick search didn't uncover anything... so here goes. I've got my Microsoft Intellimouse plugged in, but I can't figure out how to configure the 4th and 5th buttons for anything other than Exposť. The "intuitive" place for me to look was under Applications->System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse -- but I don't see it there. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious.. otherwise, help is appreciated. Thanks!

- Jim

ZildjianKX
Apr 28, 2004, 09:58 PM
Ok, so the new iBook got here Monday -- and I must say I'm very impressed. I haven't really been using an Apple in a long time, so I had my doubts as to how easy it was going to be -- but I was very wrong. So far I find the iBook much easier to use than my old WinXP machine.

I do have one question though - and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere else, but a quick search didn't uncover anything... so here goes. I've got my Microsoft Intellimouse plugged in, but I can't figure out how to configure the 4th and 5th buttons for anything other than Exposť. The "intuitive" place for me to look was under Applications->System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse -- but I don't see it there. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious.. otherwise, help is appreciated. Thanks!

- Jim

You might want to try Microsoft's control panel software for it, that should do the trick. And welcome to the mac community :)

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

dukemeiser
Apr 28, 2004, 10:01 PM
Good for you. Welcome to the club. :D

Jim_N_Tonik
Apr 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
That did it -- imagine having to install the right software.. never occured to me :)

Thanks for the help! It's great having Exposť + Back/Forward all on hte mouse!

- Jim

voicegy
Apr 28, 2004, 11:01 PM
Welcome back to Apple. I can only imagine what went through your head during the take-it-out-of-the-box-set-it-up-in-no-time-and-explore experience. Nice, isn't it? ;)

abhishekit
Apr 29, 2004, 01:39 AM
i have configured the fourth butn of my belkin bluetooth mouse fr displayin all wondows in expose..without installing any drivers..but now just as i was looking as to how i did that, i cant seem to remember.. :(

Veldek
Apr 29, 2004, 08:01 AM
i have configured the fourth butn of my belkin bluetooth mouse fr displayin all wondows in expose..without installing any drivers..but now just as i was looking as to how i did that, i cant seem to remember.. :(

You can do this (and obviously did it) in the Exposť control panel in System preferences.