Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riconess22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Jersey
Hey:

I'm as new and unexperienced as you can practically get (at least I'm not like 13 years old). So I want to make apps (blah blah blah) and I follow the 32,000 YouTube Hello World Tutorials - doesn't really help me other then seeing how simple Interface Builder is - great but that's the easy part.

I'm just having trouble understanding the basic principles of laying down different views. In other words, I just want to make an app (for learning sake) which opens to a white window with a button in the middle. When you push that button it takes you to a new window (let's say black) with a button in the middle which when you press it (you guessed it) it takes you back to the white window.

If you know a particular YouTube tutorial, sample code, or just words of wisdom...anything would help.

I'm hoping this will help me learn the basic principles of setting up views and connecting them via buttons. That's it. To someone who has embryonic knowledge of programming it sounds easy...but what do I know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.