Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rotary8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
I need a laptop/camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag (eg, I already have a lowepro computrekker plus and it looks 'retarded' for daily commutes)
I got my mind set on a whickey and cox but have one concern, which is size. The size dimensions and specs don't really help in my visualizing what it'll look like on my back so, I would like to know if anyone out there has a pic of themselves with this bag on?

thanks in advance,

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I have the bag, iirc it is 5lbs or something alone, my wife makes note of how heavy it is when she picks it up etc and that is when most of my camera stuff is not in it :).

Looking at your equipment list, I would think you can get most of the camera gear in without much hassle, the 70-200 is probably best in the center but that will be influenced by which lens you have on the camera most of the time.

Laptop wise you will probably be ok with the 13" MB but the 17th" is highly likely to not fit. I have an HP dv3500T which is pretty slender and light and I have trouble getting it and the camera gear in without it being a tight fit depth wise (front to back) as it only just zips up. I carry a 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm, remote, usb cable & my old P&S & the laptop... just.

Keep in mind depending on how much you want to carry you may find that after the camera & laptop gear is in there won't be much room for many other things.

As to on body, I dont have a pic, but I am 6ft & average build, the bag fits comfortable but I think it could be a bit bigger.

If you can find a store that has one in stock I would strongly suggest you try it out (we bought online as no one had it local). My biggest gripe would be that that sections on the sides are fairly shallow as they are angled in for the shape of the outside (exposed area) of the bag, where as in many other bags those sections are more of a rectangle and deeper as they sit against your back.

Rotary8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
that's a perfect description. Thanks for the write up! I'm 6' too and if you think it could be bigger then that's ok with me. I'm afraid of a bag that looks something like the lowepro computrekker plus. As a native new yorker, I hate to walk around looking like a tourist with an oversized dork bag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.