Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woolyback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
England
I've just noticed the following crack in the bottom of my MacBook. It's a star crack that seems to be pushing out from the inside.

It's been in for some repairs with an authorised retailer over the last 6 months, but that could be coincidental.

I was just curious whether anyone else had experienced this and if Apple will cover this under Apple care before I have to spend an hour or so travelling to my nearest Apple store to be told "no" ?

It's never been dropped or placed on anything that could cause this, and as I said, seems to be being forced from the inside :confused:

Anyway, grainy pic attached

Attachments

• Crack.png
    Crack.png
    509.4 KB · Views: 133

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
They've been pretty good about repairing cracked cases. It's worth a shot I believe, even if it is another 3 hours out of your day. That or you could send it in for repairs via mail. I find that their service is far better from that at the store. The downside is that you cannot explain anything.

woolyback

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
England
Yup - booked an appointment with a genius, took it in and they're fixing it under my AppleCare :D

Thinking is that a screw for the DVD drive may not have been put back properly when it was replaced a while back.

Without the laptop for 5-7 days, but not so bad.

Apple Care - worth every penny !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.