Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigebee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I just got back from our school's graduation ceremony where I was in charge of doing video for everyone. We operated 2 Canon Vixia HF100/HF10 cameras - one on a tripod to capture everything on stage in a fixed position and the second camera was used to capture more up close video that we could later edit into the main video. We have about an hour worth of video on camera 1 (fixed camera) and 45 minutes of up close and personal video on camera 2.

I've got everything home now and in the process of uploading the avcHD video through IMovie to later import into FCE 3.5. As I was sitting here thinking of how to blend all the video together, I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to try and match up the 10-30 second clips from camera 2 with the video from camera 1. I'm thinking this is going to take forever. Before I start, I was hoping to see if there are some tips I could get that would make this more efficient. Is this a process that is going to drive me crazy using FCE 3.5?

Courtaj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2008
Edinburgh, U.K.
Without using some form of synchronised timecode (e.g., time-of-day timecode) when recording (impossible on consumer camcorders) or at the very least some detailed shot-logging, this sort of thing is always going to be fairly labour-intensive. I would suggest logging the shots from the main record, and then reviewing the second camera footage with your log notes in front of you.

Bigebee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Bummer. I thought so but didn't know if there was a better way to go about this...thanks for the reply

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.