Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys, I just acquired a White MacBook with Tiger, I traded my PowerBook 15" + $200, and now I got one of my dream laptops. Can't wait to put Leopard on it, but I do not know where I put my Leopard CD at, I only found the ones that came with my iMac :(.

But anyways, here is onto the Specs:

2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB of RAM
80GB HDD
Airport/Bluetooth and the other usual bldday blah.

And best part of all

Apple replaced the top casing and the battery for free! Apple has stellar customer service, and I have went to this Apple store numerous times. It didn't come with the Apple remote, but the one that comes with my iMac works great.

ChocolateJesus

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Ontario
That's a pretty sweet buy dude. I just went to my Macbook below from a Powerbook as well and it was a huge improvement, glad you like the Intel side of things as much as I do. :)

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
You should back up your Leopard DVD. I keep mine cloned on an external firewire 800 hard drive which is really fast. I can install leopard on a blank hard drive in under 8 minutes. :D

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
California
Hey guys, I just acquired a White MacBook with Tiger, I traded my PowerBook 15" + $200, and now I got one of my dream laptops. Can't wait to put Leopard on it, but I do not know where I put my Leopard CD at, I only found the ones that came with my iMac :(.

But anyways, here is onto the Specs:

2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB of RAM
80GB HDD
Airport/Bluetooth and the other usual bldday blah.

And best part of all

Apple replaced the top casing and the battery for free! Apple has stellar customer service, and I have went to this Apple store numerous times. It didn't come with the Apple remote, but the one that comes with my iMac works great.

Nice man! Enjoy it, I'm glad people are recycling equipment and getting good deals in the process, this makes me happy. :D

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks guys, I know I will enjoy it, the build quality seems to be great, and sturdy, and it is not as heavy as the PowerBook. I love this computer already, even with Tiger, and I would think it would be even better with Leopard.

It will make a great College computer.

Ov3rlord Falc0r

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
Nice man! Enjoy it, I'm glad people are recycling equipment and getting good deals in the process, this makes me happy. :D

That's what I'm sayin dude! I'm new to the whole Apple side of things, but its amazing how well these computers retain their value years later. There are still laptops on eBay selling for a very good amount given the age of the computers. Apple really does know how to build long(er) lasting computers.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Congratulations. Upgrade the RAM for cheap, and you got yourself a little workhorse ($30 for 4 GB RAM on eBay). Great for Leopard now and will be nice with Snow Leopard too. Your MPB probably wouldn't have run Snow Leopard, according to the rumors anyways.

Best wishes with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.